Thursday, October 7, 2010

Babushky Tea

Thursday, Oct. 7th: This afternoon was the tea with the elderly ladies where I presented a health seminar.
The topics were Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and foods to help prevent or make them worse. Talked about how to help with swollen feet at the end of the day and exercise. The ladies appeared to enjoy the talk. They would agree with what I had said by head nodding or facial expression. I tried to answer some of their questions. I am hoping that I answered them correctly. Nastya translated for me. It was fun again to work with a translator. You need to say short sentences and allow them to translate. Actually I enjoy working with a translator because it gives me time to think about what I want to say next.



I then checked their blood pressure and blood sugar. We did not realize that they used a different table for the blood sugar. Nastya found a conversion table on the internet. Now I will have to study it so that I understand the conversion. Thank you Nastya. The blood pressure they understood.



For supper we had pork chops, bread, cauliflower and broccoli. Well some of us had cauliflower and  broccoli and others had bread. I will let you guess who. This evening we are visiting and working on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment